BONITA SPRINGS, Fla., . October 29, 2020> – M. Furkan Burak, M.D., has joined Tersus Life Sciences LLC (“Tersus”), as a member of the Scientific Advisory Board. Dr. Burak is an Instructor in Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Hypertension as well as a faculty member at Harvard Medical School.
Dr Burak’s impressive career and focus in the cardiovascular field makes this a perfect partnership with Tersus Life Sciences. Below are just a few highlights in Dr. Burak’s young career:
- MD degree at Kocaeli School of Medicine
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at Department of Molecular Metabolism (Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health)
- Internal Medicine Residency at Department of Medicine (Harvard Medical School)
- Endocrinology Fellowship at Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Hypertension (Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School)
- Extensive research experience at Harvard Medical School pertaining to pathogenesis of obesity-related immunometabolic diseases and developing novel therapeutics,
- Extensive teaching experience at both Harvard Medical School and Harvard University